Monday, March 8, 2010

You're gonna fly away, glad you're going my way... I love it when we're cruisin' together...**

Ok. So I'll admit it. A while ago, I signed up for GOOP. If you haven't heard of GOOP, it is an email "newsletter" from Gwyneth Paltrow. She shares recipes, suggests restaurants, shops (I don't know if all of us are really Gwyneth's price point...but she does give a variety, at least), fashion, "hip" causes, etc.

It's sort of a strange concept. You're like sure--Oscar winner, weird-namer of children, rock star wife/celebrity--I'll take your advice! (I just choose to ignore the over-the-top, detox diet drinks she sometimes shares. Eww. I don't have any movie premieres coming up. I'm good. )

Anyways, one of the most recent editions gave you a video of her trainer Tracy Anderson performing what Gwyneth calls her Iron Man 2 arm workout. And she tells us that she does it everyday. Even her hotel. On location. Fancy.

(An aside: If you also rot your brain out like I do with the occasional US Weekly or In Touch, you'll most definitely see something about Tracy Anderson. Like Gwyneth and Madonna to-ing and fro-ing from their posh gym in London to work out with her...)

You can check it out here


Gwyneth advises us it will really help with the "batwing" problem. Yeah, pretty sure she's never experienced the arm-wave waggle.. also known as "Oprah's On!!"

I haven't tried said workout. It looks a little embarrassing, quite frankly. (But you must admit Tracy's pretty buff--you could do worse to workout like her, right?) I don't think if Matt was home, I would attempt this!

Which brings me to this video, which for some reason I could not embed. But here's a link.

A comedian on Videogum goes for it, in a white crop top, no less.
Yikes.. but entertaining!  
( It's sort of supposed to be a parody of the movie Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow. If you don't know that movie, it might seem a little bizarre)





**Ok, one last video (with foreign lyrics no less, for a little international flav-ah) for this post. It's become my  schtick since I started blogging to use song lyrics for each post title. So I'm kinda proud of this one because what comes to mind for this rambling, random post on Gwyneth Paltrow and her workout? Well, Gwyneth singing in her movie Duets, of course. (BTW, a movie I remember renting and not finishing. It's that bad.) From what I do remember, it's about karaoke and finding her dad, played by Huey Lewis.(See above point.) At the end, ( I guess, I never really saw it!)... they sing Cruisin' by Smokey Robinson and thus providing me with a post title! And goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment