Friday, March 12, 2010

They say it's your birthday... it's my birthday, too yeah



I will use this post to pay tribute to my darling (emphasis for sarcasm)  brothers.. born March 11th--Reed.. and Drew--March 12th
Happy Birthday! Because your birthdays were so close together, I used to get presents too so I wouldn't be left out. I think we should bring that concept back.

I did not get to post my tribute to Reed yesterday due to technical issues that have now been resolved! The joy of a belated tribute is that the celebration goes beyond one day... that is why I rarely send gifts and cards on time. Good philosophy, no?

First, I will begin with my favorite picture ever of Reed. This is him at 3-and-a-half years old inspired by Ben Kingsley in Gandhi. He's taking a sacred vow.

Reed Nelson's Gandhi

Ben Kingsley's Gandhi

I keep the Reed picture in our side table drawer in the family room so from time to time I can get it out and be amused. It is so flippin' cute.

Reed--if you read this--I hope you know how glad I am that you returned Louisville. You have excellent taste in music and are an all-around-great guy! (Even though when you were born I wished you were a girl.) You have a lot of exciting things coming up.. and it will be a great last year of your twenties :)

Drew can be thankful I don't have any embarrassing pictures of him to post.  Just this cute one of him and adorable Blake!

Drew--Happy Birthday! As I already told you, you are an old man now--Blake's old man! :)
 The Old Man
    
He's lucky to have you. I can't wait for you guys to visit.. it's not too far down I-65! So much to look forward in this year, too. It's going to be a good one.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  A TOAST TO YOU....

As our mother** once said in bar, "Here's to those that wish us well and those who don't can go to hell!"




**Yes, it happened Audrey was in a bar. I believe it was a Delta Chi parents weekend. I know. We were all shocked.



Remember... the llama always watching.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED your blog today...the whole thing made me laugh, a great way to start my day!! Thank you my sweetness for brightening my day! I love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE our tribute!!!! Nothing could have been more perfect!!! It DID bring tears to my eyes...glad you will always think of me when you hear John Denver..even years from now when I am no longer around...that's a wonderful thought!!!

    ReplyDelete