Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sleep on the train to Tokyo, google yourself when you get home

It always seems like the last song you hear before you get out of the car is the one that is stuck in your head all day. Today, for me it was Orange Shirt** by Discovery.



Discovery is the side project of the keyboardist of Vampire Weekend, Rostam Batmanglij (do you think his last name is made up? Batman-glij , his poor wife: Mr. & Mrs. Batmanglij. Of course, he's probably pretty loaded. Vampire Weekend is very popular.. I digress...) and Ra Ra Riot's Wes Miles. I'm glad it was the ear worm song of the day because it is funky and upbeat and the sun was SHINING so everyone was in a good mood all around town.

But I'm not done with this post yet. Oh no. You just play Discovery, whilst checking out these little on-line gems I ran across....

(Do you ever find something funny but you're by yourself? I hate that! You look around and.. no one.. just you chuckling... alone.This happened to me several times today. I'm losing it. )

First, the best sign EVER!

A New Orleans club decides to ban Jersey Shore fashions.
And I use the term "fashions" loosely here.
I love how it goes on to detail which brands are out.
(That means you, bro. Yes, you in the Ed Hardy shirt.)

Secondly,  A History of Obama Feigning Interest in Mundane Things 
The comments in the slideshow are hi-larious...

 **Hopefully, not the shirt that inspired the song...

No comments:

Post a Comment