Wednesday, June 15, 2011

...so it’s storming on the lake little waves our bodies break...

My test of a good album is when you put it on you rarely skip a track...listen again and again until you know every word. Eventually, you get sick of it and take it out of rotation. But then one day you pop it back in... and love it all over again. I can say I feel that way about Bon Iver's first album, For Emma, Forever Ago.
For Emma, Forever Ago

I already know that the band's second album, Bon Iver, Bon Iver is in that category. An accidental itunes leak led me (well, Matt actually) to get a hold of it early. I haven't really stopped listening to it since.
Bon Iver, Bon Iver 

Justin Vernon is amazing. And very woodsy. Of good mid-western stock. (He's from Wisconsin). I've seen him three times.. twice with Bon Iver** and once solo. He always just looks like he's having a good time doing what he loves...playing music. Lucky guy.

The very woodsy Justin Vernon
Here is the new video for Calgary, as they said on pitchfork.com --go ahead, just try to figure out what's going on here.




P.S. Bon Iver is going to be on Jimmy Fallon again on Tuesday, June 21st. Hooray for DVRs!

**Here my brother, Reed, points out Justin Vernon the first time we saw Bon Iver. They opened for Wilco in Indy.

No comments:

Post a Comment