Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph... preserve your memories... they're all that's left you

A blog made me cry. Almost instantly. I stumbled across this article on The Today Show's website ( I was looking for video of the orphaned polar bear cub that flew by UPS from Alaska to the Louisville Zoo. )

Louisville's newest and cutest resident.




So anyways... back to me happening on that article...(no, seriously. I know the polar bear cub is cute. But focus!) It was written about this website called Dear Photograph. A young guy-- who still lives with his parents by the way-- was sitting at his kitchen table when he realized some of the old photos he was looking at were taken at the same table. So he took a new photo--lining up the background with old one.


Cool idea, right? But I mentioned getting weepy. It has to do with the captions.  Each one starts with "Dear Photograph," then people add one or two lines.


 The picture above said this : "Dear Photograph, Thank you for everything we had."

Some are funny. Some are deeply personal. Some have little touches in the current photo you pick up on. Just by looking them and reading those few little lines, you get sentimental and nostalgic. You realize time is flying. And it's heartbreaking.

1 comment:

  1. I came across that same blog last week-- I LOVED it. I felt the same way you did though-- it makes you realize how fast time goes by. :(

    ReplyDelete