Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to ya...



Have you ever heard this Stevie Wonder "Happy Birthday" song from 1981? It is awesome. Here's a little sample of the lyrics **

You know it doesn't make much sense
There ought to be a law against
Anyone who takes offense
At a day in your celebration


That just blows regular Happy Birthday out of the water! Well, I'm dedicating this one to my loving husband, Matt who celebrated his birthday on Friday, April 2nd. We went out for amazing sushi and just had an enjoyable time--as we always do!


Also--I'm proud to say that I baked him the most chocolately-chocolate cake imaginable (at his request) a la Martha Stewart. (It is the the Easter issue of Martha Stewart Living--yes, I have a subscription. I'm so domestic.) Completely handmade, including the delicious icing!

Here he is with it--(We must note, that it was after a long day of walking all around town--and he was wearing a hat--and isn't wearing it here, although still handsome :)


From Savannah

I'm wishing my hub a Happy 32nd! :) I couldn't ask for a better husband and best friend-- I love you! XOXO



**Upon further inspection of these lyrics I think this song is actually written for Martin Luther King, Jr. Now it all makes sense! Otherwise, that is a weird birthday song !

No comments:

Post a Comment