Wednesday, April 7, 2010

You've applied the pressure.. to have me crystalised....(censored version!)

Check out this video from the show...or not ... Edited to note: I got an email from the venue and was asked to take the video down--it wasn't mine... (I found it on YouTube.)  I understand. Hey, if you don't want me to spread the word about your band.. and how great it is, I get it. Censored by the man!  P.S. There was flashes and video-ing going on the whole show!
 ( I bet you can still find some of YouTube, if you really wanted!)


So this week's concert journey took Matt and me to Bloomington, Indiana home of my beautiful Alma Mater--IU!
We couldn't resist the lure of cheap tickets and a cool, small venue in the Buskirk-Chumley Theater and so... it was a rockin' Tuesday! (and thus, the use of a lot of undereye concealer on Wednesday) The XX were well worth the drive, for Englishpalooza concert #4. Aside from an obnoxious fratboy  "bro" or two trying to get attention and bringing out the "fist pump"... (no, friend this is not your scene) along with Matt and I realizing that college kids look really young now.... it was an impressive show--as you can see from the semi-decent video above someone took of the song "Crystalised"

A huge curtain covered them when the show (which could depict any show.. really. Not this one exactly, right?) started---with lights and them silhouetted in the background...

                                 The XX ( from a show.. somewhere)                
                    
During "Stars" they had a big X outlined.. in stars. Clever.( I hear that's what they do...)

But before all that, we had jj. We had high hopes for jj. Love both their albums. Then they took the stage. She sang to recorded tracks, no band. Her voice lovely--her look---weird, like a chubby Stevie Nicks with some Bjork sparkly eye make-up-- maybe on something? The guy had a topknot bun, acted like he played the guitar but didn't really appear to. Plus, he kept talking to her, drinking her beer.. and then pulled a random on stage who was really strange--the girl kept hugging the singer....I can't believe there's no YouTube video of that posted!( but if there is--I won't post it.) I'd stick to them on your ipod only!


Swedish "duo" and I use that term loosely, jj

Luckily, I convinced Matt to stop for the BEST breadsticks in the world.. at Pizza Express on the way out of town! Yum--with each bite I was in college all over again.:)

 Thank goodness our next concert is in Louisville!


No comments:

Post a Comment