Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round...


I have been reading this book for I don't know how long. I think there was snow on the ground when I first cracked it open. I'm posting about it here for accountability. I will finish this tome. It is 817 very detailed pages about John Lennon. I'm on page 630. The Beatles are just about to break up and Yoko's weird influence is in full swing! They haven't moved to New York just yet... but you know.. there's not much left to the story. 

I loved early on when it talked about the Teddy Boy movement of the 50's. John was a real Ted. Wearing "drainies" (aka skinny jeans/pants) and slicked back hair and a wild attitude. It was also very Edwardian, with tailored suits and ties.

                Some bad-ass Teds in their day

 
John Lennon, looking very Ted. 
(Looks like a Colonel Sanders bow tie to me!)





No comments:

Post a Comment