Tuesday, February 23, 2010

All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray...

I went for a walk... on a winter's day
(It is worth watching this video for Mama Cass's footwork alone.**)



You know, I love living somewhere where the seasons change. I love winter. I'm all for cozy sweaters, scarves and coats. Warm fires. Hot chocolate. A cozy blanket. But for the love of god! I'm over it.

The days have been so dismal lately. I wish I was a bear so I could just hibernate.I feel chilled to the bone ALL the time! I looked down at my hands today and they looked like E.T. when he's all pasty and dehydrated and those suited-up guys are coming for him. That's my pallor! Maybe in this rough economy people are trying to save a few bucks on the heat. Really, people. It's winter. Crank up the thermostat. Maybe I have SAD (seasonal affective disorder).I may need one of those light machines. I'm going over to WebMD to self-diagnose. ah-ha! Sounds familiar

This explains so much.  

Because foods high in carbohydrates (chips, pretzels, cookies) boost serotonin, it is thought that they have a calming, soothing affect on the body and mind.

Strange... I don't feel calm.

Spring is within reach though so I'm going to try to shine on through. I'm visualizing sunshine, floaty dresses, blue skies, and apparently... France.
                                                           Sand, surf, balloons
                                           ah, yes... springtime at Versailles.

Sky blue sky
                                                   I love Paris in the springtime...
                                                     Those will calm and soothe




**Also, try to forget that recent revelation about John Phillips.

No comments:

Post a Comment