Monday, August 23, 2010

Come together, right now.. over me...


It's probably one of the most famous pedestrian crosswalks ever. (Ok, the most famous pedestrian walkway--I can't think of another one that is actually famous.) Abbey Road Studios has a live web cam up 24/7 at "The Crossing" (yes, I guess you capitalize it--it's that important.) You can go here and check it out anytime.

The best part is all the tourists flocking to take pictures and recreate the Abbey Road album cover. I saw one guy sit down in the middle of it for a photo, with traffic whizzing by! Obviously, the locals are like--"get the hell out of the road, bloody morons!"---they aren't braking for anything! A few near misses with a double-decker bus and you'll be hooked!

(Credit to my mega-Beatles fan brother, Reed for discovering this.)



So you thought I'd post a Beatles song, did you?... but The Smiths are more appropriate here. Wait for the chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment