Sunday, September 19, 2010

They say that all good** things must end some day, autumn leaves must fall...


Ok, Summer! With your humidity and 90 degree+ heat---I've about had it with you! Time to go! Time to let Autumn do its thing with cool, crisp days and cozy coats and sweaters. I just looked at the week ahead forecast here--still in the 90's, one day predicted for 98!! Noooo!--it's making me incredibly crabby just thinking about it.

Maybe if I bake these:
Pumpkin cupcakes with maple frosting (YUM!)...from the Barefoot Contessa in House Beautiful magazine (recipe here!)...

And buy some mums...


Purchase this cute (maternity!) sweater dress:

And play this, Sun Kil Moon--Ghosts of the Great Highway,
(don't know why--but this is my fall go-to album--it has a very autumnish feel to me!)


FALL WILL ARRIVE!

(Technically, the first official day of Autumn is Wednesday, September 22nd. So if we could just see a big change by then, I'd be happy, Mother Nature--that means you!)





**I'd like to edit the oldie Summer Song by Chad and Jeremy to say "all bad things (meaning summer) must end some day"

No comments:

Post a Comment